The band student’s grade for each nine-week period is an average musical achievement grade.
Grades will be based a per assignment grading scale. The average of all scores at the end of each marking period will determine your percentage for that quarter and will be assigned a letter grade based on the grading scale in the student handbook.
Grade Point Deductions
Performances- 250 points each
- Unexcused absence from any performance will result in a zero.
- Unexcused tardiness from a performance will result in 10 points being deducted.
- Improper uniform for performance will result in 10 points being deducted.
- Not having equipment, music, supplies will result in 10 points being deducted.
Participation- 10 points a day
- Unexcused absence from class will result in an automatic zero. (cannot be made up)
- Unexcused tardiness from class will result in 2 points being deducted.
- Disruptive behavior will result in 1 point being deducted for each disruption.
- Chewing Gum will result in 2 points being deducted.
- Arrival without music, instrument, or supplies will result in 5 points being deducted.
- Not having a pencil on music stand will result in 1 point being deducted.
Written Work- Varying points
- Not turning in work will result in a zero.
- Turning work in late will result in a deduction of one full grade per day late.
Grade Point Additions
Participating in Solo and Ensemble, Honors Band, any musical production, piano lessons, instrument lessons, or anything that enhances the musical experience will receive extra participation points.